Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Snow

I just experienced a smidgin' of the awesomeness of my God! It is snowing in Nashville. It's not like the snow storms my friends up north are used to...but it IS the most amazing snow I've ever seen! I went outside to see if there was accumulation on the ground or road.

I stuck my arm out beyond the awning to capture some flakes on my sleeve. That's when it happened. The majesty of God filled my heart. I pulled my sleeve close to my eyes so I could see the pretty snowflake. My brain was confused at first. I thought I had a piece of glittery paper on my sleeve. The design of the snowflake looked just like a silver piece of plastic, cut into a snowflake shape. I just stood there and stared, not realizing the piece was a snowflake until it disappeared from melting. I stuck my arm out again, catching a few more pieces. Each piece looked different and perfect!

I've never seen a snowflake with such detail. Usually, I'm trying to get inside from the weather and I don't see the snow as it is falling. It is amazing that the God of this world, the God of everything, used a simple snowflake to reveal Himself to me. Isn't it just like God to use the simple to confound the wise.

No comments: