Wednesday, December 31, 2008

To top it off

Here is a post to top off a year filled with laughs and cries, mountain-top experiences and valley lows. I've experienced a spectrum of emotions. Seems like the older I get, the more emotions and their depths I discover. (As I type this, one of my cats is trying to take over the lap. Not happening!)

Back in May I had the opportunity to visit with some of the dearest friends I know. The girls from my traveling days with Life Action Ministries met up in Michigan where Life Action is headquarters and where we met all those years ago. I won't bore you with details of that reunion but suffice it to say, it did my heart a whole heepin' of good to spend a couple of days with those precious ladies!

Most of this year has been filled with work. About all I do these days is work and pay bills. I really need to get a life! I used to have such a passion for life. Now I am bogged down with everyday details and I lose the drive to pursue dreams and loves.

Went to the dermatologist yesterday. Laying aside the many skin issues I am on meds for at the moment, one of the reason for my visit yesterday was to discuss laser treatments for my birthmark. I had a years worth of them back in 2000-2001. Another long story of how those treatments came to be...ask and I'll tell ya. Right now, I have a test dot from the laser to see how my skin reacts to the it. I presently do and will have a lovely singular, black/grey dot on my chin for around a week. Then the dot will redden, then slowly fade for a week or so.

If we like the result I will start laser treatments in late winter/early spring. I'm doing these not to lighten the birthmark so it won't be noticed. I am completely content with having the birthmark...again, a long story of how I came to the place of contentment in that area...ask and I'll tell ya. I'm doing these as a maintenance. Birthmarks, especially mine as a portwine stain, can cause issues to develop as you age. Basically, I'll have to keep these treatments up for life. I just don't have to have them all the time.

So, here's to everyone having a wonderful New Year and may God bless you richly this coming year! This is me telling you to rock on!

No comments: