Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rare glimpse

OK folks, I'm gonna share some pictures on here that most will never see. I know, you say it's the internet, ANYONE can see them. But...these pictures are showing only a small part of other pictures I'll never share. :) Coming soon are more rounds of laser treatments on my birthmark. I go to the dermatologist on Thursday to check on some issues I've taken meds for the past two weeks and to schedule the first treatment. I may have the first one during the second week of February.

What you see here is one, small dot on my chin. We did a test patch at the beginning of January to see how my skin reacted to the laser. So far, so good. Each picture was taken a couple of days after the previous one, for the most part. These are not the prettiest pictures of me, for sure. So...just know I'm totally opening myself up here and letting you see a not-so-great look for me. When I get a full treatment, the dot you see here will be multiplied by 50 to 100. The birthmark on my chin or cheek will be covered with those dots after each treatment. I'm anxious. I know the pain and irritation that comes with each treatment. Imagine having chicken pox, all in one area, on your face. Yuck and ouch!









Notice the last couple of pictures look as though nothing has gone on. What happens is for about a week, the birthmark looks normal, like the treatment never happened. Over the next couple of weeks, the spots hit with the laser show lightening. I'm still waiting on that part of the test patch we did.

1 comment:

Pegsy said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I know that took a lot of courage. I can imagine being anxious about having even more of those spots... I hope it's not too painful for you. I'll be praying for you to have peace as you go through this whole process. Keep us updated! Love you!