Thursday, June 11, 2009

Recommended reading

I love to read. Now I confess that I go weeks to months without reading a book. But, I always return to one of my dearest joys - a good book.

I'm in book two of a three part series from Francine Rivers titled "Mark of the Lion." The first book was absolutely wonderful. The character development was well done and she hooked me on the simple yet tremendous life of a slave girl in the height of the Roman empire, 70 A.D.

Book two has not let me down either. I only started reading it last night and I have it with me to read over lunch. For me, it's one of those books you can't put down even though the clock says 1:15 AM and you have to work in a few short hours.

Anyway, just wanted to recommend Francine Rivers to you as an author to consider in your next read. I would start with her spectacular modern telling of the book of Hosea titled "Redeeming love." I would read that book again, and I'm not one for re-reading anything.

No comments: