Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Lasting impression

A dear friend from my Life Action days called last night. We caught up some on what's going on in our lives right now and, as with all conversations with former Life Action team members, we ended up talking about the days we traveled together. Tammy mentioned an instance from a crusade that got my mind thinking. (NO comments from the peanut gallery about that statement!)

During the first year in Life Action, my team traveled to Christiansburg, VA. The church there had a wonderful meeting where God changed many lives. I've always remembered that church as a place where God met with us as a team and the church.

Life Action has a prayer room set up at each church. Team members man the room during services. It's amazing how so many people thought I had all the answers in the world just because I was on this team and in the prayer room. Sometimes the church members would start sharing things that were way out of my league. Anyway, I am straying from the reason for this post.

One night, during a time of testimonies from the church members, a little boy and his dad came into the prayer room. I knew God was moving in the service, there had already been many people come for prayer. Jason, the boy, was in the Dynamite club, second through fifth grade. He was a sweet kid, as I remember. But he was distant during the services.

That night I watched as Jason received Christ as his Savior! From that moment on, Jason was a completely different kid in the services.

Years have passed, that was 1997 or 1998. His sister has since traveled with Life Action, on the team I was on. When I joined Facebook online, one of my first friend request was from Jason. At first I didn't remember the name. But God brought all the memories from that crusade back to me in a flood of emotion. Jason remembered who I was. Do you remember who was around when you gave your life to Christ?

Jason remembers Tammy, the girl who was teaching the Dynamite club. He remembers me in the prayer room. And Jason has held us up as special people ever since we met. Have you ever stopped to think of how the people around you remember you in their life? Do people remember a Godly impact you made? Or have you made an impact you don't want anyone to remember?

The impression I had on Jason was not of my doing, it was God working through me. I pray that many people remember me as a Godly woman, leaving a good impression in their life.

1 comment:

mandy said...

thank you, my dear, for making me cry! It's amazing how God chooses to use us and what He lets us take part in!