Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Birthday memory

My Grandma New was a wonderful baker. She could make the most amazing pies and cakes! Yum! Since I lived down the hill from her, she did a special thing on my birthday. She did this for my brothers and cousins that also lived right there. I got a pie baked especially for me. She knew our favorite one and that's what we got on our birthday.

If you know me at all, you know what pie she made. For those of you who don't already know of my love for a particular food...peanut butter is a gift from the Lord! So, grandma made a peanut butter pie just for me. I could share it with the family or I could eat it all myself. It was her way of making each of us grandkids feel special and loved.

I miss that birthday touch. I miss her.

1 comment:

KrayonKel said...

My mom makes an AWESOME pb and chocolate pie! Yum! Delish!

You should share your recipe!