Monday, September 24, 2007

There's a first time for everything

Until tonight, my driving record was clean. My license had no accidents, traffic violations, nothing. It had never even been looked up on the police system. But...there's a first time for everything. Yes, I was pulled over! I'm 30 years old and this was my first experience with it. Call me lucky or a good driver, either way tonight was my first pull over.

As I was driving through a left turn light as it turned from yellow to red, heading north on Franklin Road, who else but a wonderful cop was sitting at the light waiting to drive south on Franklin Road. I didn't mean to drive through a red light. It was one of those times where you approach a light with just enough time to drive on through, even though it will turn red before you make it completely through the intersection, or you slam on your brakes, hoping to come to a complete stop before the line.

I chose to continue on...and the cop did a U-turn in the intersection and pulled me over. I felt horrible. I know this is a small incident compared to many traffic violations, but I still felt bad. No ticket, just a warning...thankfully!

2 comments:

mandy said...

Oh no! At least we've both gotten this milestone out of our lives in the last few weeks. And neither of us got a ticket! :)

KrayonKel said...

I'm 28, and I got pulled over for the first time on July 3rd this year. It was a HUGE speed trap in yucky Iowa.

And they weren't letting anyone off--no matter how clean the record.

(Plus they LIED and said I was going 10 over when I was going only 5!)

$84 later, I'm still a survivor.

Now that I'm needing to change to Texas insurance, we will see if that effects my price.