Monday, August 24, 2009

Home

Back on August 8, I took advantage of the sales tax free weekend we have in Tennessee once a year. It's wonderful! Well, I bought new sheets for my bed and a new extra pillow. I use a memory foam pillow but keep another one off to the side. One of my cats usually takes up nightly residence on that one.

I washed the sheets and put them on my bed Sunday afternoon. I slept on them that night. It was heavenly. They are 400 or 450 count sheets...meaning comfort :) But I didn't get to enjoy their softness and freshness again until thirteen days later. My grandpa passed away that morning and I house/dog/cat sat for some friends once I returned from his funeral.

I can't tell you how happy and anxious I was to get home to my bed, my kitties, my own everything. The friends I house sat for are great people, with a great dog and cat and house. Nothing bad about staying there. I just wanted to go home. I felt out-of-sorts. It was weird to come back from a funeral and immediately start house sitting.

So, last Saturday night I crawled into my bed with the new sheets and slept soundly. Like, really soundly. When I woke up on Sunday, I felt so rested. Then I took a nap on Sunday afternoon. I love my bed. And I love being back home.

No comments: