Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Surprise bubble busted

My mom's birthday is today, she is +%#/~ years old. I'm not putting how young she is on here, I'm not stupid! :)

I ordered flowers for my mom, they would be delivered to her workplace this morning. Mom works as a library aide at an elementary school. The kids start back later but the staff is there already. Since the kids aren't there yet, they don't work all day; knowing this, I made sure the flowers were delivered in the morning, to make sure mom got them.

Well...while talking to mom last night, she told me she was off tomorrow (today) on her birthday. What?! But the flowers are going to be delivered at the school, not the house! My well laid plans went out the window!

I tried to stop the delivery this morning but didn't get in touch with the flower shop until the driver was out and about. My mom's flowers are sitting at the school, awaiting her pick up. I had to tell my mom about the surprise so she would go by the school before the rest of the staff left.

I tried to be a good daughter and surprise my mom with pretty flowers. It didn't work. Oh well, she'll have flowers later on today.

Happy Birthday Mom! You're the best! I'm so blessed to have you as a mother. May you have many more years of happy birthdays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you remembered her birthday. I'm sure she appreciates the gift even without the surprise factor. :)