Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Thoughts at Christmas time

The time spent at home with my family and friends was wonderful, short but wonderful. I am back in Nashville enjoying an empty apartment. I love my roommates but I also love time alone sometimes.

On the way back from Kentucky last night I listened to Il Divo, my favorite guy group :) They have a Christmas album with my favorite Christmas song. O Holy Night has been a top song with me for years. The lyrics stand out to me every time I hear them.

"O holy night",it was truly a holy night. God had come to dwell among men. What an awesome thought to wrap your mind around! God was pleased to take on the form of his created creature.

Most people missed that holy night. Not many were privileged to see the infant God/man. For most of the world that night was unlike the one before or the one after. The world around Mary and Joseph had no idea what miraculous thing had been done within their hand's reach. God as an infant. God as us.

And many in our world miss the wonderful thing that happened on that long ago night. It was definitely a holy night, a divine night. The divine met humanity in the form of a baby.

No comments: