Monday, January 22, 2007

What does your testimony say?

Have you seen the movie Saved? I'm watching it on TV right now. For those who are Christians, I suggest you watch it. This movie will challenge your witness to the unsaved around you, or at least your thoughts of how the unsaved view you.

One of my roommates has recently shown me how the love of God helps us love and minister to the people around us that are not living in God's light. She has shown a christian life that is completely different than what is portrayed in Saved. And I must say that the example she has demonstrated is very different than what many Christians would have given in this particular situation.

A friend of hers has been struggling with homosexuality. My roommate has remained his friend without condoning his actions. I have watched her struggle with remaining his friend while listening to him go on and on about his lifestyle. Just this past week, she received some wonderful news.

Her friend called to let her know he has rededicated his life to the Lord, has started going back to church and is attending a bible study! Wow! Just my opinion: I think my roommates continued friendship and prayers helped in that praise coming about. Would you have remained the guy's friend through these past two years?

Sad to say, I think many Christians would walk away from the person, right when they need us the most. God called us to love those around us, show them a love that goes beyond the surface. I pray that I will always show a love that reflects God's love.

I'm not saying her friend has completely walked away from the homosexual lifestyle. I know it will be a long process for him as he continues in his relationship with the Lord. But I believe he will grow more and more in the Lord as he yields his life to God. Are we willing to show the love of God with whatever our friends go through?

No comments: