Friday, November 21, 2008

Office moments

Doc walks into my office and I smile at him.
Doc: What?
Me: What? I'm just smiling.
Doc: You're a cute girl, you know that?
Me: I know. And I'm most proud of my humility.

OK...why does this have to come from a married, older man? Why can't someone my age, who is single, say this to me? Anyone? (crickets)

I just mailed an invoice to a customer who lives in Middlesex, NJ. Middlesex. How do you come up with the name of Middlesex for a town? Just asking.

For those of you who watch The Office on Thursday nights, you will enjoy this little tid-bit. We used to have a sign up in the break room which read: your mother does not work here, clean up after yourself. We have a problem with people making messes and not cleaning them up. People will use a plate or cup and leave it in the sink. The previous sign was for that said issue. Well, we seem to have more than just a dish issue. So yesterday, I decided to reword the sign a little and put this one up in its place: please clean up after yourself, that includes more than just the dishes you use. Why is this funny? If you watched The Office episode from last night, you know exactly why I am laughing at myself today!

2 comments:

Pegsy said...

You ARE cute, but I know you don't want to hear that from me either! Poor Mindy!

I hardly ever watch The Office. My husband thinks it's hilarious and I just sit there and roll my eyes and groan. It's so not my kind of humour!

Anonymous said...

:) I've been meaning to tell you that I love the new layout. And that I once framed a bear for eating out of the garbage.