Monday, March 19, 2007

Is Jesus a threat?

Pastor Gene Mims posed a question during his sermon yesterday that has stuck with me: How much of a threat is Jesus to your religious life?

Jesus was considered a threat to the Pharisees' way of doing things. Actually, Jesus appeared to buck against God's law for His people, emphasis on the word appeared. The religious leaders saw Him as a rebel who would not come under the authority of the accepted way of doing things.

Would we see Jesus in the same light today? But more so, do we shun the power of a redeemed life because it doesn't go with how things are done in our church? Do I allow traditions and my selfish nature to hinder what God wants to do in my life? As my pastor asked but in my own words, Is Jesus a stumbling block when he should be my stepping stone and foundation for my walk with Him?

No comments: