Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thoughts

I'm finally shelling the money out for a haircut today. The lady who cuts my hair does a wonderful job, I just hate paying the big bucks. A few months ago I chopped all my hair off...I do this regularly. I tend to be impulsive when it comes to hairstyles. :) But today, my hair will get a simply trim. And, I'm growing it out again. Surprise, huh?!

The coffee at my workplace is not the best in the world; yet, when it comes free, I don't complain. Actually, there are many things here in the office provided for free. My boss knows how to take care of his employees. The coffee is free of charge along with the coke machine, filtered water, tea bags, hot chocolate and the such. Well, we still have to put money in for a coke but the size of the bottles are huge and only cost 50 cents. My boss actually pays for the coke products because we use the sales from the coke machine to fund birthdays around here. Each employee gets a little monetary gift on their birthday.

Anyone else suffering from the pollen build-up each morning on the cars?! My ears feel clogged and my eyelids are puffy and my eyes are dry. Nashville sits in a valley so the area is prone to high allergen levels in the air. I for one, would like it to rain today, like the weather channel says it is suppose to, so the pollen can be washed away. I know there is more where the present pollen came from, but still, some temporary relief would be much appreciated!

I recently read a Stephen King novel, Cell. It was the first one I have read by him. I don't plan on reading any others by him but I wanted to see what his writing style was like. I was not impressed. Sorry to all the King lovers out there, but I just don't like his story-telling ways. And no, I did not read some off-the-wall novel, filled with gore and horror. The plot was an interesting one. I liked the premise just don't care for Stephen King's story telling.

I baked a cake last week and have slowly been munching on it. That's not spectacular news, I know. The reason I mention it is this: Do you ever bake something like a cake or cookies and then justify eating it all by only taking a bite here and there? Ha! That's what I'm doing. By not sitting down at the table with a big plate of cake but instead using a fork to grab just a bite, I feel like I'm doing something good. :) I know it's not true, but the females reading this will completely understand!

No comments: