Monday, May 07, 2007

Plug for public libraries

One of the perks Nashville affords its residents is an amazing public library system. I know many, if not all, towns have libraries. But Nashville stands out with state-of-the-art computer based searches, multiple satellite branches blanketing Davidson County, online control of your check outs and a loaner program which allows you to check out a book from another location without driving there.

My home county in Kentucky has only the one library located downtown. They have a good selection but you first have to get there. There is a library branch right down the road from me here in Nashville! I can literally walk to it in less than ten minutes.

Avid reader is not a description of me but I do enjoy reading. My friend Mandy commented once that I have a wide range of reading material. My method for choosing a book? Walk up to the new releases and grab one. Now, I do enjoy biographies and a couple of authors but I don't stay with one genre or person. Eclectic might be a good word for my reading choices.

The point to my post today: Take advantage of free services your community supplies. You pay for them in taxes actually, so use what you pay for :)

1 comment:

KrayonKel said...

Thx for the comment!
I'll have to add you to my Google Readers. :)
I love making blog friends!