Wednesday, May 30, 2007

On the prowl

An adorably cute kitty has been on the prowl around our apartment building the last few weeks. We had ignored it up until last night. I noticed how desperate it was to get into our apartment. Then I noticed how thin it looked. Once you got past the fur coat, the cat was mere skin and bone. I HAD to feed it.

At this point, any of you who have fed a cat or dog that was wandering outside your place knows the struggle I had last night. If you feed a kitty, it becomes yours. The cat proceeds to stick around your place, waiting for food and water. Eventually, I had to admit to this and feed the cat. I don't really need the new cat but I couldn't leave it out there with no food. My heart strings were being pulled big time!

So, I don't know if the cat will stick around. It may wander off eventually. If not, I'll keep it as an outside cat since it still has its claws. I will ask around my apartment complex about someone missing a cat. The cat appears to have been an inside cat, it is friendly, lets you pick it up and pet it. Hopefully, I find the owner. If not...I might try to find a new owner. I'll keep it in the mean time.





The picture below is of my cat, Boots, and the new one meeting through a locked, closed door. :)

1 comment:

mandy said...

I think we should name New Kitty. Let's see: Darcy, Fluffy, Atticus (To Kill a Mockingbird), Jezebel, Fido, Carl, Darell, Marcia, Jan, Jonathan Edwards, Harper (for Harper Lee as in the author of To Kill a Mockingbird), Anderson, Gene, Adoniram, Mephibosheth, Martha Stewart, Sassy, Ms. Whiskers, Susan B. Anthony, Bennett. . . .