Friday, May 25, 2007

This is for all my married friends

Stop asking when I am going to get married. Stop asking me why I'm not dating. Don't mention how I need to have children soon before age catches up with me. Stop saying I should date a certain someone. I'm amazed at how married people say things like this as though I want to hear it, or need to hear it, or that it is appropriate.

I'm sorry if this sounds blunt, rude or anger-filled. It's not. But I hate being reminded of my single state and how little control I have over it. I desire all the above mentioned things and am FULLY aware that I don't have them. The struggle to be content as a single adult is an ever-present battle.

Ok, I'm done.

3 comments:

Pegsy said...

Oh, Mindy, I'm so sorry people say things like that to you. I really am. It's kind of like when people keep asking married people how many kids they're planning on having. I hate that question! It's none of their business! Anyway, I would hug you if I could (and not give you any pat answers about God being in control, because that's irritating too! Of course you know that!). Hang in there, girlfriend!

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I'm so glad that you are willing to say that! Life is difficult enough without others adding to the struggle!

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I'm so glad that you are willing to say that! Life is difficult enough without others adding to the struggle!