Monday, September 22, 2008

Hodge-podge

Today is the start of my favorite season, fall. Sometimes the seasons aren't as pronounced as they could be, but we still enjoy all four. That is one of the reason I love living in this area. Soon the leaves will change color, the morning air will be crisp, and I'll be outside on the patio just taking it in.

Nashville has been an interesting city as of late. Gasoline has turned this city upside down. Most of the country can drive up to any gas station and fill the tank up. Not so in Nashville! We have been waiting in long lines every time a shipment comes in. People are panicky and worried. I hope this situation ends soon. Last Saturday, I was stuck at home because my car was on empty, so was my roommate's car. It was a horrible feeling to know you can't just run down to the gas station and fill up. Luckily, my roommate was able to get gas in Murfreesboro.

Last Thursday, I started a new Bible study with ladies from the church. Let me tell you, it is kicking my butt! The premise is for the participant to do all the work. You are given verses to read. Then you have to paraphrase the verses, pull out principles, ask yourself if you are living those principles, and set a date for any obedience needed to live them out. I should be on day three but the Lord has me stuck on day two in James 1:19. Is my first response to listen or to speak or get angry?

You know, a song can remind you of a certain place in time. Trisha Yearwood sings a song just like that, The song remembers when. For me, the song the choir sang yesterday at church takes me back to a moment in my life. God used that song to speak deeply to my heart, healing a hurting heart. When I learned the choir was to sing this one, I was happy yet contemplative. God used yesterday to remind me how He worked in my life back then.

Off to another work week!

No comments: