Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's there, I promise

While driving into work this morning, I noticed the hazy horizon and the skyline of Nashville against it. There is one point on my way to work where I see the skyline of Nashville perfectly.

There are days, like today, where smog or a haze has settled on the city causing the buildings downtown to look as though they are covered by a thin, slightly see through fabric. There are other times when you can see the buildings perfectly, no smog, no haze, no obstruction to the view. Then there are days when I can't see the buildings at all. It's as though someone has snatched them up and deposited them somewhere out of view. The buildings are there, my eyes just can't see them at that moment.

A thought came mind; God is always there, His promises, His commands, love, plans. I can't always see what God is doing around me or in me but He is still there. To my finite mind and eye, it may appear that God is not there.

The cares of this world may block my view at times, and I may too easily let that happen. Sometimes it might be God placing a "haze" around something while He works, not wanting me to see it until the work is done. Whatever reason for the inability to see what is infront of me is for my good and comes with a purpose. I must remember that God is not always visible, but He is always there.

No comments: