Friday, October 10, 2008

Breaking it down

The current Bible study I am involved in on Thursday nights is kicking my behind. I need this time of God taking me out back and whooping me, so to speak. I've allowed this life of mine to run crazy and it is time to reign some areas back in.

Previously I mentioned the tongue. Oh yes, that wonderful little instrument of peace or war. Which do I choose on a regular basis? In honesty, I must say war. God has shown me that I need to yield that area back to the Spirit. I don't give time before I speak to allow the Spirit to guide my words. And, I haven't spent enough time in the Word lately to have His ways right there at the tip of my tongue.

Next, God has taken me to the woodshed on my priorities. MAN! That was a rough week. OH! But I needed it. I've been working with The Pampered Chef since last fall. I love the products and the company. Absolutely nothing bad to speak of about the two. The problem? God doesn't want that as part of my life right now. The right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing. At the end of September, I had to place an order or go inactive. I struggled with that decision. I knew I could work on paying my car off sooner by working with The Pampered Chef. Why wouldn't that be a good thing? Why would God not want me to get from underneath that debt?

When it come to debt, God's way is always to pay it off...or don't go into debt in the first place. So, why in my situation is God not allowing me the resource of The Pampered Chef to help pay that bill?

The Lord showed me through one of the Bible study topics on finances that I need to budget differently. If I would rework some of my spending habits, I would have more to pay on the car loan. The money is already there, I'm just not using it effectively.

That is my life at the moment. What has God taught you lately?

No comments: