Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quick trip to Kentucky

Last Saturday morning, I headed to Kentucky to see the family and hug my newly-engaged best friend! Christina closed on a house and was proposed to on the same day. Whew! She is still glowing some two weeks later from all the excitement.

We took Sunday afternoon to try bridesmaid dresses on. Yes, I said the dresses. Christina has been on the ball planning this wedding! She had the dresses ordered last Monday and they arrived at her house on Friday. The two bridesmaids are wearing the same dress and the maid-of-honor is wearing something similar but different. Gretchen and I look gorgeous in the dresses! Christina did a great job with picking a dress that looks good on two totally different bodies. And if you knew me and Gretchen, you would understand what a big feat that is to accomplish.

Christina's house looks great and the ring is beautiful. Eric did a wonderful job picking it out. Poor Eric had to listen to us girls go on and on about wedding details. He was a good sport. I'm amazed by all the things Christina has bought or written down for future shopping. The girl has it under control.

The drive there and back through Kentucky was so nice. The trees are starting to change colors. Seeing that I'm the nerd in choir who listens to her music way more than most, I was singing through the Christmas music on a CD. On one stretch of road with beautiful changing leaves, the song "The majesty and glory of Your name" came on. I had tears falling down my face. My soul was struck by how well I could see His majesty and glory through the changing autumn leaves. Truly a worship-filled moment.

It was nice to have a three-day weekend. Not coming in on Monday morning does wonders for the mind!

No comments: