Wednesday, February 04, 2009

So many ideas...plenty of time

So why do you not see more posts on here if that is the case? Um...me being lazy is the answer.

My coworker gave me a calla lily tuber and pot for Christmas. I won't say I'm bad at gardening and such but I'm definitely not proficient in the area. The plant is almost two feet tall and growing. Yay! There is one area about to bud open, can't wait to see it! Hopefully the plant stay around for a while. Testing my green thumb here. :)

The first laser treatment on the birthmark is next Tuesday, February 10. I'm fine with having the treatment but not fine with the recovery time. Up until now, any treatment covered the whole birthmark. This time only the chin will be worked on. Hopefully that makes a huge difference in the level of discomfort. Advice from someone who has been there: don't let a dermatologist office convince you that a laser session will give a mild irritation to your skin. Don't believe it! IT HURTS! And it continues to hurt and burn for days. Then comes the itchy stage. I'm stopping now...I'm starting to itch just thinking about it. I'll post a picture of my chin after the treatment. You can take the journey of recovery with me. I'll post a picture every couple of days.

My workplace has to be one of the most random and crazy work areas out there. If you could only have been at the table during lunch to hear the conversations. It started out fine with discussion on running. I mentioned how my roommate is training for a half marathon. She is up the a good six or seven miles without stopping. Way to go, Wendi! Anyway...leave it to a girl named Melody to take an innocent discussion of running and exercise and lead us into a crazy discussion about medical conditions and things I won't mention here. My day is never boring or dull.

My daddy celebrated my 62 birthday yesterday. I sang Happy Birthday over the phone and told him I was bad for not putting his gift in the mail soon enough. He said, "Guess if I get it before next year's birthday, we're good." Sounds just like my dad.

I have many-an idea for posts. I'll get to them soon.

No comments: