Monday, April 13, 2009

Start of another week

Yesterday was a great day! As a Christian, Easter Sunday is the big day of celebration. It's the whole reason I subscribe to Jesus as Lord. There are no words to rightly express how much His victory over sin, death and the grave means to me and all who call themselves His children. To quote from a song we sang yesterday, "My sin has been nailed to the cross of my Savior, where Satan has NO power; for God has displayed Him undeserved favor..."

I can just feel a long work week coming. Coffee will help the day get going. I need to get to work and brew some.

I'm not a Catholic but I wanted to exhibit some form of spiritual discipline during the Lent season. I gave up my beloved peanut butter, and for the first week I also gave up carbonated drinks. For those who know me well, you know what it means for me to give up peanut butter! I enjoyed a Reese's Easter egg yesterday and it was lovely :)

My cat is staring at me, wanting to sit in my lap as I type this post. She is giving a sad face but she will not win today. I need my lap for the laptop. She will have to wait for some cuddle time until after work today.

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) I think you are amazing for giving up peanut butter for that long. Especially since I know you LOVE it! I love that line in the song that says Satan has no power. And God's undeserved favor! OH, I might preach, not teach!
And I just realized that I left my travel coffee mug at work. Bleh.