Thursday, October 19, 2006

Late night ramblings

OK, so it's not late night...just late for me (10:05pm) because I'm old. And my cat is trying her hardest to sit on the laptop keyboard. Cats have a knack for sitting on whatever you are looking at or working on.

What a dreary day! Rain lightly fell most of the day making for a gloomy drive and miserable time between house and car. There was just enough rain for me to use the windshield wipers but not enough to leave them on even the intermittent setting. So my hand was turning the windshield wipers on then off, on then off, on then off. It's funny how something as small as that back and forth activity can be so exasperating! Now my cat has positioned herself on my lap making for a difficult time typing. I don't think she cares...

I have not taken the time to share about my job. Two of the links on my page are for my company, White Lightning and Alien Bees. Yes, you read those correctly. And no, we do not sell a white lightning liquid you find in the hills of Kentucky and we don't sell honey. We manufacture and sell photography lighting and accessories. I work on accounts receivable for both divisions of Paul C. Buff, Inc. There are more divisions but those two are the main ones. A side note to the job; my office is Tennessee orange! That exclamation mark is not for excitement on my part but to let you know just how BRIGHT the color is. Not many people can say they work in a building that lacks a white/beige/cream/gray wall. My boss painted the place with every color in the rainbow and some made up ones :)

This post is truly random with its content. My cat has come to a rest next to the laptop which is sitting on my bed. I can now type without her all over my lap and bed.

Today was a lonely day for me. I think I'm feeling discontented about being single. I know all the christian answers about it...but I still feel lonely at times. I wonder if marriage will ever be part of my life or if God has a single life prepared for me. Alright, enough on that subject.

I need to go to sleep. Yeah for tomorrow being Friday! Weekend here I come! A group from church is going to a corn maze on Saturday. I've always wanted to go to one. Hope the weather turns out well for us. Goodnight all.

1 comment:

mandy said...

I love the randomness! Know that we all feel the loneliness and discontent of being single sometimes. God made us for companionship; we're not supposed to live life free from relationships. But He also has a plan bigger than we can see. All that said, it doesn't mean we have to like it all the time! You need to come see my place soon. It's almost homey.