Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Time away

I have been away from my blog for a few days. When I walked out of work last Friday, I did not have to return until the following Wednesday, tomorrow. I took the weekend to relax by myself and on Sunday night my mom came to visit until tonight. We had a wonderful visit, filled with shopping, of course!

By the time last Friday rolled around, I could not wait to walk out those doors at work. The only days I had been off this year were for a friend's wedding and taking care of mom after her surgery. It was time for a vacation, even if it was only four days long.

On my way back from dropping my mom off in Kentucky, I spent the hour or so listening to Steve Green. Where have all the male singers gone? We don't have the controlled vocals and well thought out lyrics and melodies of Steve Green with todays musicians. There are many singer/songwriters of today that are amazing lyricists, but the vocal quality is lacking. Guess I am too picky with music. By the way, if you have not heard or do not own the album Morning Light by Steve Green, you need to take the time to do so.

I have finished the book I was reading since the last post. The Memory Keeper's Daughter was good. God used the book to remind me of my importance to Him. And that what appears to be a disability to society is just that, an appearance. I can't allow what society deems as important or right to be my measuring stick. God's way is my standard.

Thanks for listening to me throw a few random thoughts down. God bless!

No comments: