Saturday, October 21, 2006

Where am I?

I could have been standing in Tennessee or Kentucky or Alabama or any of the bordering states to Tennessee. A quick turn to the right could place me in a new state.

Before you think I've gone crazy (no comment from any of you!), a group from church visited a corn maze today. The layout of this year's maze was Tennessee and the surrounding states. As shown in the attached picture, there were stands spread throughout the maze so you could somewhat find your way.

Although it did not take long to work our way through the maze (cause we're so smart and stuff, yeah right), it was fun to venture through it with my friends. Today's weather was gorgeous! This time of year is my favorite time and today was a perfect example why: Sun shining, crisp and cool air, red and yellow colors showing on trees and bushes. God gave us a wonderful season to enjoy during fall. Make sure you get out there and savor it!

After the maze adventure, the group stopped to eat at a local good-eats place. Everyone at the table looked at me strange when I ordered the country ham dinner. They missed out! My mom cooks a country ham at Christmas instead of the traditional honey ham. Nothing like some country ham and homemade biscuits, mmmmm. Kudos to mom!

No comments: