Thursday, April 17, 2008

Must be hormones

This morning is a sad one. Sugar, my youngest cat, is at the vet getting spayed and declawed. Why so sad? Well, first off, I miss her already. Sugar will be at the vet until tomorrow sometime. Secondly, while making the bed this morning, I started crying. Sugar always jumps up and attacks the covers as I'm trying to smooth them out. So, when I went to make the bed this morning...I cried.

I think hormones are playing into my sad state of mind. I don't cry too easily. This morning, I was a basket case! The tears started to flow right as I walked out of the vet's office. People must have wondered what was wrong as they passed me on the road. They probably thought some tragic thing had happened. If they only knew the tears were because I just dropped my kitty off at the vet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's OK. I seriously run out of the vet when I drop Muffin off to get groomed. I feel like a mom leaving her kid at daycare for the first time. And as someone who cries alot, just embrace it! :)

Anonymous said...

Question here: We are thinking about adding a kitty to the fam for some time, but we want said kitty to either be or become declawed. When we've looked at adopting from Petsmart (cause we do not want a kitten) they have these signs everywhere about how declawing is evil.

We had a cat a long time ago when we lived in OK before who was declawed and she was a perfectly happy cat.

What do you think? Maybe adopt from someplace that doesn't care? I'd feel guilty signing an agreement to not declaw and then go do it anyway (you know that whole dishonesty thing! lol)