Saturday, April 19, 2008

Recovery time

I write this while still in my pajamas, at 12:30PM! I love Saturdays like this one. I'll get up and run some errands soon but for now I will enjoy relaxing on the couch, surfing the web and watching my kitties sleep. Speaking of kitties...

Sugar is back home after her spaying and declaw. She has slept for most of the time she has been home, which is good. If she is asleep, Sugar isn't jumping up on furniture and down to the floor. The vet gives you a sheet of paper outlining precautions for your declawed and spayed kitty. "Minimize your pet's movement during the first days after surgery. Keep them on level ground." I laugh at these suggestions! How do you keep a cat from climbing and jumping?!

My friend Buddy invited a couple of people down to his house for dinner and a movie last night. We had yummy lasagna and watched Lars and the real girl. Interesting movie, good acting by Ryan Gosling. If you are up for a quirky and off-the-beaten-path kind of film, rent Lars and the real girl.

The wind has picked up outside. I'm watching the trees across the street sway back and forth. Must be a storm brewing up. Guess I better get moving on those errands: Pay overdue fine at library, check out a book from there, visit Goodwill to find a shirt to wear to the Bon Jovi and Daughtry concert on Thursday, and find a baby shower gift for a lady I used to work with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the movie tip- I love non-cookie-cutter movies and Ryan G! I'm sure I'll like the movie! Have a great week!

ATC said...

Ug, I don't know why my comment came up as anonymous! Sorry- it was from me!