Saturday, May 10, 2008

My babies



Both of my kitties have had recent visits to the vet. Boots started the run with a quick visit because of an eye infection. She took eye drops and that saga continues in the last part of this post.

Sugar was next with a declaw and spay. She has done really well with having two major surgeries at once. Her claws have not bled and she is using them like she did before the surgery...minus the sharp claws :) Her spaying went well. Her incision has not bled and the belly hair is growing back.



Now for Boots...she has had a rough time. Her eye infection has not gone away easily. It's been stubborn. Her eye was looking rather nasty so I took her to the vet today. The picture tells you the visit was not pleasant.

Boots has an ulcer on her eyeball and that can be a serious condition if not handled properly. She has scratched her eyeball at some point while rubbing her eye clean. Since Boots will continue to irritate the eye by rubbing it with her paw, she must wear an Elizabeth collar. SHE HATES IT!

I left her at the house for the afternoon to get used to the collar. I returned home to see her sitting in her window bed and not sporting the collar! It took a while to find the collar but it was recovered to Boots' dismay. I felt horrible putting it back on but her eye has to heal and without the collar, correct healing may never happen. All I can say is she looks pathetic and I feel horrible for her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Sugar's senior portrait in the first pic. :)