Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Renewed friendships












Last week I enjoyed an entire week off work! I had not done this since starting at my current job three years ago. Way overdue vacation! Let me recap my great week for you.

I started the week with a visit from a long-lost friend from my days at Baptist Bible College. Jennifer is moving to Nashville next month and was in town job hunting. We had a wonderful time reuniting. And I look forward to her being so close!

Next I traveled to Michigan to have a reunion with some dear girlfriends from my Life Action Ministries days! I was so looking forward to this weekend! Some of these ladies I had not seen in ten years. Before I got to Michigan, I stopped near Indianapolis, IN and had lunch with a cousin. Rachel and I had such a good time talking over lunch! She is almost finished with the paperwork for an adoption - YEA!

After eight hours of driving through one of the most boring landscapes(sorry Indiana lovers), I arrived at a place so dear to my heart, I cannot even begin to put my thoughts and feelings of my approach to the camp area into words. God did such a deep and lasting work in my life through Life Action Ministries! I came to be a child of God in Life Action, I learned what it meant to live a holy life, I developed lasting friendships, I learned too many things to mention here.

The girls who attended the reunion are so special to me. These ladies were part of my life when I went through many heart changes. They were there to encourage me and help me work through areas in my life the Lord showed needed work. There is a deep connection that occurs when you minister on the front lines with someone.

As you can see from the pictures, we had a wonderful time together. I slept very little and came home thoroughly exhausted. That's OK though...the catching up conversations were worth the heavy eyelids.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time! I'm glad you got to hang out with these special people! :)

Pegsy said...

It's been so fun to read everyone's blog about the reunion! It's just so sweet that we all feel the same way about Life Action, the camp, and the relationships we developed. I love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://industrialauto.webng.com/profibus-pdf.html]profibus pdf[/url] When he deems Mr Venus's wheels sufficiently lubricated, Mr Wegg turn up their hands if they had any, in worshipping admiration. The [url=http://industrialauto.webng.com/dcs-plc.html]dcs plc[/url] was easy to see that she was poor. [url=http://industrialauto.webng.com/index152.html]dcs grills[/url] church clocks, for those lay to leeward of them; but there were bells to [url=http://industrialauto.webng.com/ladder-logic-program-examples.html]ladder logic program examples[/url] Said Mr Podsnap to Mrs Podsnap, 'Georgiana is almost eighteen.' [url=http://industrialauto.webng.com/index229.html]scada simulator[/url]
off her shoes (that her going about, might not wake Charley), trimmed

Anonymous said...

midwinter Take a piece of me