Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Out of pocket

I've been out of pocket lately when it comes to my blog. My kitties have required some attention and I've been enjoying some much needed time off. When I walked out of my office last Friday, I felt great! I won't return to the office until the day after Memorial Day. Woohoo!!!!!!

My oldest cat had an ulcer on her eye and it required a great deal of attention. She couldn't do most things she was used to doing on her own because of the cone around her neck. Almost every task needed double the energy and time. I felt like an on-call doctor. Boots is in the clear now! The ulcer has healed and she is back to normal, no more cone.

My coworker is pregnant and will be on maternity leave starting July 3. I needed to get a vacation in before she leaves, so I took this week off. I head to Michigan on Thursday to visit with my dear friends from Life Action Ministries. I'm super excited to see them. Us girls decided it was time for a reunion and it is finally here!

I know most people don't want to sit at home and do nothing on their vacation, but I did. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing practically nothing to past two days.

Through my time off this week, I have discovered there isn't much worth watching on television. So much crap! I must say The View is good. The women on there sure can go back and forth on issues. It is fun to watch. That's about the only show I've cared to watch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad Boots is better. I'm sure she was very excited to be able to do all the things she was missing with that cone!
And I'm very excited that you get to visit with you Life Action friends. That will be a good weekend. When are you coming back? Are you flying? I hope it's a great trip and am very glad you're enjoying your relaxing week off from work!