Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wash that man right outta my hair

Not really...but this post IS about my hair. I did more than wash my hair tonight. I chopped it off! Towards the end of last year, my hair had grown out a good bit. It was time to cut it but I decided to continue growing it out; once the length got long enough, I would cut it and give it to Locks of Love. Well...I almost made it to the ten inch rule they have for a donation.

Tennessee is ablaze with heat and humidity! Even though hair flowing down my shoulders and back may sound and look pretty, the weight of it gave me headaches and made my back hot. It was time to take action. My hairdresser told me of some other organizations that will take eight or nine inch ponytails, so I can still donation my hair, just not to Locks of Love. Here is the new hairdo...



Like it?! I LOVE it! I've always liked my hair short, but I also like it medium length and long. Depending on what day you ask me, I'll give you a different answer about which way I like my hair. Notice how much hair I cut? I'm holding two ponytails! Two, full ponytails. I inherited some thick hair from my parents!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the ponytails.still.creep.me.out.

lewister said...

Isn't shorter hair nice?I just made my donation a couple of weeks ago and I love my new do. And your hairdresser is right. There are a few groups that accept as short as eight inches. Check the list out here - How to Donate Your Hair.

Pegsy said...

You look so great!! I have no doubt you will be a happier Mindy with all that weight off your head! Now it's time to enjoy your summer!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! I like it. Can't wait to see it live and in person. (or you - I hope your hair doesn't come alive. That would be creepy.)

ATC said...

Hey girl- just getting around to catching up with everyone's blog.

I just LOVE your new hairstyle- you look great!!!