Monday, June 09, 2008

Feeling hot, hot, HOT!

To where did winter and spring disappear? Are they on vacation somewhere and not letting us join? My hair has decided to look like a balloon by utilizing the fizz it can produce so easily. I'm attempting to grow my hair long enough to donate it to Locks of Love, but this incessant heat and humidity might cut that growth short. No pun intended, but it was clever of me huh? :)

On Saturday, I took the opportunity to clean the house. The bathroom floor got a good scrubbing. Dirt and icky-ness could not withstand the power of my broom and mop! I love the look and smell of a clean house...AH! Breath in the clean smell of Lysol multiple surface cleaner ;) I higher recommend this product for general house cleaning jobs. The smell is great and it works on most surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom.

That last paragraph made me sound like a contributing writer for Good Housekeeping.

While eating my Life cereal for breakfast, I watched GMA. They were doing a report on women wearing/not wearing pantyhose in the workplace. Except for in winter's cold grip, I don't wear pantyhose anymore. I guess it's a fashion or social thing now to not wear them with most outfits. Back in the day, I wore them all the time. It was social acceptable and somewhat expected of a lady to wear them. My, my...how times have changed.

The part that made my blood pressure rise slightly was the report of a company in Kansas where the male president required women to wear hoses as acceptable office attire. That in and of itself is not what made my blood pressure rise. It was the little fact that the males employed there did not have to wear ties anymore. That dress code had been modified a few years back.

So, do any of my female blog readers wear pantyhose except during the cold season?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to wear hose all the time. It was expected back in the day, especially when you were dressing up. These days, not usually unless it's winter or tights (also in the winter). I love tights. I also used to wear hose because they sucked you in and made your belly fat smoother. These days I either A) don't care or B) think I'll just buy some Spanx and wear those instead.

Unknown said...

My personal opinion is that pantyhose are of the devil.
I will only wear hose now for chorus shows - and only because they make me. And those are Jet Black Leggs. Yes, they are that picky.

Anonymous said...

That just makes me laugh! :)

Pegsy said...

My pantyhose (or nylons, as they like to call them here in Canada!), sit in my drawer and usually only get worn for the company Christmas party! They're simply not warm enough for Alberta for any other occasion! If I wear a skirt in the winter, I'm more likely to wear tights. But, usually, I just wear pants - even to church!