Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Almost famous moments

How is it that Bobby Flay was extremely close to me in Nashville and I didn't know it?! While watching "Throw-down with Bobby Flay" on the Food Network, I discovered that sometime in the recent past Bobby Flay was at a fun little coffee shop called Fidos. He was here to challenge two women who make acclaimed ice pops. I've never heard of them but I'm not necessarily the one who is up on all things food. :)

This got me thinking; I wonder how many times I've almost walked right by someone famous in Nashville. I mean, hello! I live in a city full of singers and songwriters. Some of my friends have had random run-ins with someone famous, but I never have been blessed with the opportunity.

One of these days...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just have to share one of my first random run-ins... A couple of folks and I went to Backyard Burger in Brentwood after church and sitting in a booth near us was... Barbara Mandrell. Seriously? In Backyard Burger on a Sunday afternoon? But we didn't speak to her - just wondered what on earth she was doing there.

Anonymous said...

i was there. ANd you guys had to point her out to me like 14 times. Because I was clueless!