Thursday, August 14, 2008

Food and shopping

That's about all we partook of when my mom and brother Bryan came for a visit last weekend. Call me lazy but I'm just now putting up a few pictures of the extravaganza for viewing pleasure. We started last Saturday with a trip to The Pancake Pantry. Yumminess! I know they're just pancakes, but they are simply amazing.

After stuffing our faces with too many pancakes, Mom and I headed to Cool Springs for some shopping while Bryan took off to the coin store. My brother collects coins and is thoroughly obsessed with buying new ones. He will tell you all about the coins in his collection, then four hours later you wake up to hear Bryan still describing a coin. To each their own, right?

Then Mom wanted to visit Opry Mills. Us Nashville residents basically hate going over there. I think the vast majority of customers walking the oval mall are visitors and tourists. Anyway...Mom wanted to stop by a store that ended up closed, cause you know how some of the spaces have constant rotation. Once we got our fill of shopping for the day, we ate, again, of course. Without further ado, here are a few pics from our fun day together.

Mom waiting patiently to enter The Pancake Pantry

Bryan not waiting patiently

Photo time at Tony Roma's

Aren't we cute?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

One day, I need to meet your dad.

Anonymous said...

Fun times! Yum, Tony Roma's.

Anonymous said...

BTW, my favorite paragraph is about Bryan and the coin collection. Esp. the sentence with "and four hours later you wake up and still hear Bryan describing the coin."