Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Umm...you pick a title

I must have writer's block because I can't seem to get anything out onto my 'paper'. I have so many thoughts running through my head that I want to tell you about but I can't seem get the words out. And I don't know how much you all would care to hear...you know? I wouldn't want to bore you with my mundane life.

Here are some things floating in my head at the moment:

~I love peanut butter. My love borders on addiction. When I get a craving for sweets, I make no-bake cookies because peanut butter is an ingredient. When I need a snack at work, I grab my big can of Jiff and eat a spoon full. Do I need an intervention?

~Watching the Olympics in Beijing requires late nights and less sleep! The USA girls gymnastics team totally fell apart last night. It was hard to watch. You could literally see the hurt and disappointment of their performances on their faces. And it made you sad for them.

~I need a new job. Why? More money is the bottom line. The working environment is laid back and I enjoy many of the people I work with but raises are not part of the plan and advancement is a far cry from reality. So, my only good option is to find a different employer. Anyone know of a position open? I don't even know what kind of job I am looking for.


This story is from my roommate, Wendi, who teaches 2nd grade in Nashville. A Kindergarten teacher at her school shared this with her yesterday. The teacher had a child on the second day of school walk into the room, put his stuff in the locker. The teacher instructed the child to grab a coloring book and head to a certain area. The child proceeds to do something else and not listen to the teacher. The teacher again tells the child what he should be doing at that moment. The child then stomps to the locker, grabs his stuff, slams the locker shut, turns around and says, "I don't know who signed me up for this shit!"

A five-year-old child said this! I laughed at the story but it is so sad. That child has picked up language from the parent(s) and will probably only get worse in the behavior department.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is indeed funny, but you're right. That is so very sad, too. Sad because that kid probably didn't have a clue that it was inappropriate to say. Sad because there really isn't anyone (other than said parent or parents) to teach him that you shouldn't say that in public. But I would have laughed, just the same!