Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Heart

My friend Mandy is an amazing friend! She took me to see Heart last night in concert! Wonderful birthday gift. My birthday is this Saturday, Sept. 12...just saying.

Ann and Nancy still have it. They still rock. Nancy still has a power house voice. Ann still rocks the guitar. She does a cute jumping up thingy when she gets into a guitar rip. They started the concert with Barracuda - AWESOME! Seriously - AMAZING! They continued with all the songs we wanted to hear.

The night started with a lady whose name I can't remember, last name is Grace. First name starts with an A. Anyway, she was really good. But, since I don't know her songs, I have no idea what she was singing, making it hard to be excited about her. She was good though, I'll have the check her out.

Alison Krauss came out at one point. She rocks! She is super talented. It was cool to see her up there with Heart.

The concert was at the Ryman. The more I go there, the more I like that place. My suggestion, always sit in the balcony. Much better seats for the most part. Most seats up there have a great view of the stage. And since the rows are tiered, you don't have to worry too much about a guy sitting in front of you with a big cowboy hat on. There was a guy there last night with one on...why would you wear one to a Heart concert?

So, thank you Mandy for a great birthday gift!

No comments: