Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Attention please

My name is no longer Mindy New; well, according to a wedding invitation I got in the mail yesterday it is not. I guess my name has always been Mindy Newland. My dad has been mistaken about our family name his entire life!

I have no clue as to where these people got the name Newland. My friend is the groom in this wedding party so I guess the bride's parents got wrong information. Maybe they couldn't believe my name is only New. I am frequently asked to spell my last name. Come on people! It's only the word New!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mindy Newland, nice to meet you! It's like when people suddenly decide my name can't just be Crow. It needs an e. Or, a fave of mine when I first moved to Nashville, it should be pronounced like kraut without the t.