Monday, March 10, 2008

Well, no wonder!

Have you heard the report of pharmaceuticals in our water? Yep, it's true. This story tells you all about it. I'll give you some time to read it...I'll sit here and wait...go ahead and read it.

Are you back? Hope you read the story because I'm not focusing on a recap; I'll bring up a few points. I think it is interesting for this to come out in a study since our society is so addicted to pain killers, mood adjusters, hormones, etc. I think our over-indulgence of pills is affecting our children and environment.

Think about it: If our children are drinking this water, how has that changed things in their bodies? I wonder if we can attribute it to the increase in food allergies? So many children suffer with mental issues like autism, physical issues like diabetes. Has this development contributed to it?

And I wonder if we can attribute changes in animal and plant life we have recently witnessed to this find? The study says they found these medicine levels in fish.

One part of the study struck me funny, although it shouldn't. It's what type of medicine they found in high levels in different areas of the country. I guess I found it somewhat indicative of what that area would suffer with physically. New Jersey had a high level of mood-enhancers; San Fransisco had a high level of sex hormones; high levels of anti-anxiety medicine in southern California; Philadelphia fared the worst with 56 different pharmaceuticals found in their water. Yikes!

I'm not sounding an alarm and calling up the calvry...just thought this was very interesting in light of the increase in mental and physical problems our society is facing.

2 comments:

ATC said...

I agree- interesting yet very scary stuff!

Anonymous said...

In a totally random change of topic, did you see that the Catholic Church added 7 more deadly sins? I'm serious.