Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Unpatriotic

Call me unpatriotic if you must, but I did not care for Kristy Lee Cook's rendition of Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA on American Idol last night. She can't sing, she rarely hits the correct note - her voice is usually just under it.

The problem with saying I didn't care for her song last night is people take it as I'm dogging the song. I LOVE that song! Lee Greenwood wrote an amazing lyric with that song. Kristy Lee Cook knew she had to pull this song out to rally the troops behind her. Her only fan base is redneck, country music-loving people. I'm a listener of country music, so I can say it.

She is a nice girl but I just don't like her as an American Idol winner.

On the other hand...David Cook rocked it out with Billie Jean. OH, yes, he sang that song. And he completely rocked it! Don't worry, it wasn't Micheal Jackson's version. I can't remember the arranger's name, but I loved it. David Cook is becoming the front runner for this season and I think he has a very good chance of winning it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love David Cook, hate Kristy Lee Cook. She's always under the pitch and annoying me. I mean, yes, she's beautiful, but girl is not the next American Idol. David Cook, now, he makes me swoon when he sings. And he acts like a dork the rest of the time. And David Archuleta—I still want him as a pet!

Jason Z. said...

I couldn't agree with you more.