Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's like major surgery!

Imagine with me: I have Boots, my older cat, pinned between the couch and my hip. My left palm cups her chin while my fingers reach up to pull the bottom of the eye down. My thumb has wrapped around to the top of her eye, pulling it open. My right hand is holding what Boots sees as an instrument of torture, an eye drop medicine. After a few failed attempts to get the timing down, I'm able to get a single drop in Boots' eye before she claws her way out of my arms. (Wipe forehead...only two more times today to do this.)

Boot had a visit to the vet yesterday and found she had an eye infection. Now, I get to be the mean mommy who holds her down and force something in her eye. Boots doesn't care too much for the whole thing.

Interesting part? Sugar, my younger cat, seems to forget who Boots is by the time we return from the vet! Last night was filled with Sugar hissing at Boots and then her running away to hide. Can we say short-term memory?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww - poor Boots. I hope she's feeling better soon. She'll like you again when this is over, really!