Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's really funny to a three year old

My boss has her three-year-old daughter in the office this morning. Lauren is telling us jokes while we work. Right now, her favorite joke is "Why does the cow jump over the moon? Because it's a lawnmower!" She proceeds to laugh and laugh. We have heard about multiple animals going over the moon because they are a lawnmower. Lauren laughs every time because she thinks it is funny; we are laughing because she keeps them coming.

Isn't it funny how a toddler gets a line in their head and every joke afterward gets that statement as the punchline?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or you could be like my brother at that age and just repeat the same joke over and over and over until everyone hated the joke. But it was funny the first time.

Pegsy said...

My son, Sky, loves to do "knock-knock" jokes. He always tries to do the "banana-banana-orange you glad I didn't say banana" one but it never quite comes out right. Then, the joke regresses into anything, like "aren't you glad I didn't say car or cow or shoe." It gets pretty silly!

Pegsy said...

My son, Sky, loves to do "knock-knock" jokes. He always tries to do the "banana-banana-orange you glad I didn't say banana" one but it never quite comes out right. Then, the joke regresses into anything, like "aren't you glad I didn't say car or cow or shoe." It gets pretty silly!