Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Battle of the ice creamery

Last night my dear friend Christina and her boyfriend were in town. We grilled out and enjoyed the lovely evening air. It is rather strange to have a low eighties temp and low humidity for July...but I'll take it!

After supper, we decided ice cream was in order. That's a no-brainer. We went to Maggie Moo's since it is very close to my house. Yum! I got the better batter ice cream with you guessed it, Reese's peanut butter cups! Yummy!!!!!!

I think I prefer Maggie Moo's over Coldstone and Marble Slab. Their ice cream is creamier, smoother, not as sugary.

What is your favorite ice cream joint?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all ice cream. Except that really gross banana split store brand flavor I bought one time under the impression it would be just as good as Blue Bell. Not. And my favorite ice cream place is whichever is closest. :) But Maggie Moo's and Coldstone are probably vying for first.

Mindy said...

It may be weird but I still like the basic vanilla cone from Sonic. When it's hot outside, there is nothing like a cold soft-serve.

Unknown said...

The first one I had was Marble Slab, so it has a special place in my heart, but Coldstone is my favorite. Sorry, Mindy, but Maggie Moo's is my least favorite. Don't really have a good reason - after all, I'm not overly fond of ice cream anyway!!